This year, Earth Day actions have gone digital. In doing so, we’ll have the opportunity to show leaders the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and the ever-growing climate crisis go hand in hand.
If you’re looking for impactful ways to use your voice and enact change within your local community and worldwide, participate in one or ALL of the actions below.
Happy Earth Day!
1. CALL-IN ACTION
Mayor Garcetti and Governor Newson need to know where we stand. Starting Tuesday, April 22nd to Friday, April 24th, we’ll be calling their offices daily to express our concerns.
Over the course of the week, we’ll be demanding the following:
- Stop drilling for oil and gas in Los Angeles and California by ending new oil and gas permits with a commitment to phase out drilling all together starting with a 2500 foot health and safety buffer zone.
- Usher in a fair and just transition for workers and communities as we accelerate to 100% real, clean energy for Los Angeles and California by 2030.
- Put the health of our communities first by making our response to COVID-19 a down-payment for a regenerative economy, and the beginning of a real Green New Deal.
For more information on how to participate in this youth-led action, click HERE.
2. STOP THE MONEY PIPELINE on April 23rd
Wednesday, April 23rd is “Divest Day” of Earth Week. Starting at 9AM EST tune into a daylong live stream featuring fellow activists, experts, and politicians discussing how to turn up the heat the largest funders of climate chaos.
In addition to tuning into the live stream, here are a few additional ways you can show Chase Bank, in particular, you won’t stand for their funding of fossil fuels and deforestation.
- Flood Chase Bank with phone calls – This is an easy direct action that is similarly effective to shutting down physical branches. Click the link above to see the script. It’s short.
- Sign up for alerts from stopthemoneypipeline.com
- Spread the word to friends and family on social media.
- Move your Money and do the#CutTheChaseChallenge
- Helpful links “Where Should I Put My Money?” Tips and Resources – Alison Kirsch, RAN
Divest Your Community Toolkit here – Mazaska Talks
#CutTheChaseChallenge – Cut up your Chase card and post it on social media
3. RSVP to EARTH DAY LIVE
Join this important 3-day event. Get informed, inspired, and find ways to make a positive impact on the planet.
4. Promote EARTH DAY LIVE on Social Media
Sign up for email updates, post about Earth Day Live on your own social media channels, and encourage your friends, neighbors, and loved ones to tune in and participate.
There are plenty of free resources and so many significant public figures like Al Gore, Moby, Joaquin Phoenix, Jack Johnson, John Kerry, and Talib Kweli making appearances. Your networks will want to know about this exciting event.
CLICK HERE for extra inspiration